Furniture Refinisher
   Paint & Poly Remover
   Tung Oil Finish
   Maintenance Products
 
 
Formby's® Furniture Refinisher
Uses & Tips | Directions

Preparation:
  • Always use chemically resistant rubber gloves such as Formby's® Refinishing Gloves and protective eyewear.

  • Work in a shaded, well-ventilated area with temperature ideally between 65º and 85º F.

  • Place a protective drop cloth on the floor of the work area.

  • When refinishing wall paneling, deactivate electrical outlets which may come in contact with Furniture Refinisher during use.

Directions: Always read the product label before use
  1. APPLY - Pour 1-2 cups into a metal pan. Dip ½ Formby's® Steel Wool Refinishing Pad or Formby's® Finish Remover Pad (green side) in Refinisher and squeeze out excess liquid.

  2. REMOVE - Rub dampened pad lightly in a circular motion in an area approximately the size of a dinner plate. After old finish is dissolved and picked up by the pad, rinse and squeeze out excess. Repeat process in an adjacent area and continue refinishing, overlapping each area until the entire piece is refinished. Discard the pad after it becomes worn. Replace Refinisher liquid in pan when it becomes thick.

  3. BUFF - After refinishing the entire piece, go back over the overlapping areas with a clean pad soaked with fresh refinisher, rubbing with the grain to remove lap marks. Buff the entire piece with a dry pad.

Note: Clean up rags, papers, steel wool and waste properly. Allow solvent to evaporate and then dispose in metal container in accordance with local fire regulations.

Cautions:

DANGER! POISON. EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE - VAPORS MAY CAUSE FLASH FIRES! VAPOR HARMFUL. IRRITATES EYES, SKIN AND RESPIRATORY TRACT. CAN BE ABSORBED THROUGH THE SKIN. MAY CAUSE EYE DAMAGE. MAY BE FATAL OR CAUSE BLINDNESS IF SWALLOWED.

CONTENTS ARE EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE. Keep away from heat, sparks, and open flame. Vapors will accumulate readily and may ignite explosively. During use and until all vapors are gone: Keep area ventilated - Do not smoke - Extinguish all flames, pilot lights and heaters - Turn off stoves, electric tools and appliances, and any other sources of ignition.

VAPOR HARMFUL. Use only with adequate ventilation. To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air, or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area.

CANNOT BE MADE NON-POISONOUS. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.

FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of respiratory difficulty, provide fresh air and call physician. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Get medical attention immediately.

Reports have associated repeated and prolonged occupational overexposure to solvents with permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal.

WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.

 

 



     
Refinishing Products 
  Furniture Refinisher
  Paint & Poly Remover
  Tung Oil Finish
     
  Maintenance Products
  Lemon Oil Treatment
  Build-Up Remover
  Almond Lustre