Furniture Refinisher
      Paint & Poly Remover
   Tung Oil Finish
   Maintenance Products
 
 
Formby's® Paint & Poly Remover and Paint & Poly Remover Wash
Uses & Tips | Directions

Preparation:
  • Always use chemically resistant rubber gloves such as Formby's® Refinishing Gloves and protective eyewear.

  • Work in a shaded, well-ventilated area with temperature ideally between 65º and 85º F.

  • Place a protective drop cloth on the floor of the work area.

  • Plan on using a disposable bristle paintbrush.

Directions: Always read the product label before use

WARNING! Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.

  1. APPLY - Shake can well. Turn cap slowly to release pressure. Pour into a metal container. Dip brush into about 2 inches and apply a thick coat to the surface. BRUSH ONLY IN ONE DIRECTION - DO NOT STROKE BRUSH BACK AND FORTH. Leave a thick layer of Paint & Poly Remover on furniture.

  2. LIFT IT OFF - Leave Paint & Poly Remover on the surface for at least 15-20 minutes or until the old finish becomes crinkled or soft. For best results DO NOT RUSH THIS STEP - let the Remover work for you. Carefully slide a flat plastic scraper under the paint or polyurethane, taking caution not to gouge the wood. If stubborn spots still remain, reapply to those areas.

  3. WASH - While the surface is still damp, use Formby's® Paint & Poly Remover Wash to clean away the remaining paint, polyurethane and Remover residue, which can otherwise keep stains and finishes from adhering to the wood. Soak ½ of a Formby's® Steel Wool Refinishing Pad or Formby's® Remover Pad with Wash. Rub in a back and forth motion with the grain of the wood, washing the surface thoroughly. Wipe dry with a clean cloth.

Note: Clean up rags, papers, steel wool and waste promptly. Allow solvent to evaporate and then dispose of in metal container in accordance with local fire regulations.

Cautions:

Formby's® Paint & Poly Remover

WARNING! VAPOR HARMFUL. IRRITATES EYES, SKIN AND RESPIRATORY TRACT.
MAY BE HARMFUL IF INHALED OR SWALLOWED. REDUCES THE BLOOD'S OXYGEN CARRYING CAPACITY.

CONTAINS ALCOHOLS AND METHYLENE CHLORIDE.

Keep away from heat, sparks, and open flame.
Contact with flame or hot surfaces may cause TOXIC GASES.

VAPOR HARMFUL. Use only with adequate ventilation. Use this product outdoors, if possible. If you must use it indoors, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air, or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area.

Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.

FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of respiratory difficulty, provide fresh air and call physician.

If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately.

Reports have associated repeated and prolonged occupational overexposure to solvents with permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal.

Contains Methylene Chloride which has been shown to cause liver damage and cancer in laboratory animals. Risk to your health depends on level and duration of exposure.

WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer.

DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.

 

Formby's® Paint & Poly Remover Wash

DANGER! POISON. EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE - VAPORS MAY CAUSE FLASH FIRES! VAPOR HARMFUL. IRRITATES EYES, SKIN AND RESPIRATORY TRACT. CAN BE ABSORBED THROUGH THE SKIN. MAY CAUSE EYE DAMAGE. MAY BE FATAL OR CAUSE BLINDNESS IF SWALLOWED - CANNOT BE MADE NON- POISONOUS.

CONTAINS ALIPHATIC HYDROCARBONS, KETONES, METHANOL, AND TOLUENE,
DANGER POISON - GET MEDICAL ATTENTION.

Contents are EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE. Keep away from heat, sparks, and open flame. Vapors will accumulate readily and may ignite explosively. During use and until all vapors are gone: Keep area ventilated - Do not smoke - Extinguish all flames, pilot lights and heaters - Turn off stoves, electric tools and appliances, and any other sources of ignition.

VAPOR HARMFUL. Use only with adequate ventilation. To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air, or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area.

Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.

FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of respiratory difficulty, provide fresh air and call physician.

If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately.

Reports have associated repeated and prolonged occupational overexposure to solvents with permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal.

WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.

 

 



     
Refinishing Products 
  Furniture Refinisher
  Paint & Poly Remover
  Tung Oil Finish
     
  Maintenance Products
  Lemon Oil Treatment
  Build-Up Remover
  Almond Lustre