Formby's® Paint & Poly Remover
Formby's® Paint & Poly Remover is specially developed to lift multiple layers of paint and polyurethane from wood furniture without stripping away the wood's natural patina. Unlike many harsh all-purpose products or "safe" strippers, Formby's®Paint & Poly Remover will not bleach wood's natural color or raise the grain.
- For best results, lay a thick coat of Paint & Poly Remover
on the surface, brushing in only one direction. Do not brush back
- Allow Paint & Poly Remover to remain on surface at least
15 - 20 minutes. Let the product work for you!
- Use a plastic scraper rather than metal to prevent damaging
the wood's surface.
- Always lift rather than wipe paint or polyurethane from wood
surfaces using a plastic scraper. Lifting takes paint and polyurethane
off of wood; wiping pushes the loosened paint and polyurethane
back into the wood.
- When removing paint or polyurethane from heavily carved or hard-to-reach
areas, use Formby's® Paint & Poly
Remover Aerosol. To prevent accidental gouging, work the area
with a brass brush or medium grade steel wool pad.
Cleans and prepares your wood surface for staining and finishing.
Use as the final cleansing step in removing paint and polyurethane from wood surfaces. Finish removal products leave behind surface residue, which may cause adhesion problems for stains and finishes. Formby's® Paint & Poly Remover Wash thoroughly cleans away paint particles, polyurethane and residue, preparing your wood for finishing.